Submit a Workshop Proposal for the AMS Literacy Symposium
SEPTEMBER 8, 2020—AMS is hosting an online Literacy Symposium, Friday and Saturday, January 22 and January 23, 2021. Content will be geared to teachers of all program levels, Infant & Toddler – Secondary.
The Call for Workshop Proposals is now open.
The submission deadline is Monday, September 28, 2020 at 11:59 PM (ET).
Montessori teachers have told us that literacy is an area in which they feel particularly in need of professional development. If you have expertise in this area, presenting at the symposium will be your opportunity to help fill this void, and simultaneously to build your professional network.
Here are a few topics intended to inspire but not limit you:
- Brain development, assessment, equity, public policy, research, writing, literature, bilingual reading competency
- Workshops geared specifically for attendees representing Montessori public schools
Submissions are for 30- to 40-minute live or on-demand presentations.
Individuals submitting proposals must meet the following qualifications:
- For topics related to Montessori curriculum: Credential/s at level of target audience/s and minimum of 3 years of experience in Montessori classroom at level/s of target audience/s.
- For topics related to administration: Minimum of 5 years of experience as an administrator in a Montessori school, or as an administrator/instructor in a teacher education program, or as a professional on the topic.
- For workshops on theory and/or information related to specialized fields: Appropriate degree/s and minimum of 5 years of experience in field of topic.
- For research sessions: Experience conducting and presenting research in a professional environment, as well as a postgraduate degree and/or supervision by a faculty advisor in a university setting.
Rules of Participation:
- Proposals must be submitted online, using this form, by September 28, 2020 at 11:59 PM (ET).
- Presenters will be notified in mid-October on the status of acceptance.
- Presenters with accepted proposals will receive a free registration to the AMS Literacy Symposium and The Montessori Event 2021 (March 5 – 6).
- Main presenter must have experience teaching adult learners or presenting in public presentations; e.g., at regional conferences, teacher education programs, universities, etc..
- A maximum of 3 proposals may be submitted by any individual, either as a primary author, a co-author, or a panelist.
- Proposals for commercial purposes will not be accepted, however, authors may use their own books as a basis for workshop topics.
- Presenters are not permitted to advertise or promote any products or services.